How to add a GIF to a powerpoint (why not)
How to Add an Animated GIF to a Gmail Email
This wikiHow teaches you how to insert an animated GIF image into an email sent from Gmail. The easiest way to do this is by copying a GIF's web address and using it to insert the GIF, though you can also upload a GIF file to your email if the GIF is already saved to your computer. While GIFs sent via Gmail will show up as animated in the Gmail mobile app, you cannot send animated GIFs from within the Gmail mobile app.
Open a web browser.Unless your GIF is already on your computer, you'll need to find your preferred GIF and then copy its web address.
- If your GIF is already on your computer, .
Search for a GIF.Type a description of your GIF followed by the word "gif" into a search engine and pressEnter. You should see a list of results, many of which are images, appear.
- For example, to find a GIF of a beluga whale playing a piano, you would type inbeluga piano gif.
- You can sort by image for most search engines by clicking theImagestab on the results page. You may first have to clickMoreon the results page to view this option.
Open the GIF's page.Click the GIF to open it, then click the GIF again if the GIF's page didn't open the first time.
Copy the GIF's link.In most cases, you'll do this by clicking the URL that's in the address bar at the top of the GIF's page to select it and then pressingCtrl+C(Windows) orCommand+C(Mac).
- Some GIF sources, such as Giphy, will require you to clickCopy Link(or similar) near the GIF, at which point you'll be able to copy the GIF's actual link by selecting the "GIF link" (or similar) link and pressingCtrl+CorCommand+C.
Open Gmail.Go to in your web browser. This will open your Gmail inbox if you're logged into your Gmail account.
- If you aren't logged into Gmail, enter your email address and password when prompted to do so.
ClickCOMPOSE.It's in the upper-left side of the Gmail page. Doing so opens a new email window.
Enter a recipient's email address.In the "To" text field at the top of the email window, type in the email address(es) of your recipient(s).
Click the "Insert Photo" icon.It's a square icon with a triangle on it at the bottom of the email window. This will open the image window.
- If the GIF is a file on your computer, instead go to the file's location on your computer, then click and drag the file into your email's window and release it there. You can then skip the next three steps.
Click theWeb Address (URL)tab.You'll find this in the top-right side of the image window.
Enter the link to the GIF.In the text box that's in the middle of the Web Address page, paste in the GIF's link by pressingCtrl+V(Windows) orCommand+V(Mac).
- If the GIF's address doesn't allow the GIF to be inserted, you'll have to download the GIF as a file instead. You can usually do this by right-clicking the GIF and then clickingSave as...in the resulting drop-down menu.
ClickInsert.It's a blue button at the bottom of the window. Doing so will insert the GIF into your email, though it won't appear as a GIF in many cases.
- Don't panic if the GIF appears as a broken image icon—it will animate once you send the email.
Finish writing your email.Add the rest of your email's text in the main window. You can also add a subject to your email in the "Subject" text field.
Click .It's at the bottom of the email window. Doing so will send the email to your specified recipient(s); when the email is opened, the GIF will automatically animate.
QuestionWhen we click on the .GIF, will the audio play?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerA .GIF is a non-audio type of file, so there will not be any audio to start with.Thanks!
Is there a way to link the gif to a third party?
How can I get a GIF file to load? It stops just before it's finished.
- Some GIFs will attempt to save as videos onto your computer if you download them. To change this, make sure that the file's name is [gif name].gif, not [gif name].mp4 or similar. On Windows computers, this means that you'll have to click the "Save as type" drop-down box and clickAll filesbefore changing the file name.
- Some GIFs may not fully animate when sent in an email.
In other languages:
Italiano: , Español: , Português: , Français: , Bahasa Indonesia: , Русский: , 日本語: , Deutsch: , ไทย: , 中文: , Tiếng Việt: , 한국어: , Nederlands: , العربية:
of How to Add an Animated GIF to a Gmail Email was reviewed on March 12, 2019.
Jul 1, 2019
Jan 17, 2019
Video: How to add a gif to a still image in Photoshop
How to Paint Cabinets
How to Learn About Genealogy
Heart attack get rid from heart attack Video
How to Avoid Depression During the Holidays
How to Fix Neck Pain
Makeup Tips For Diwali Party Beauty And Fashion Tips In Hindi
Relax Your Way to Trouble-Free Periods
How to Prepare a Cake Pan
Things to do on your Ibiza Weekender (all in 48 hours)
How to Play The Cats Cradle Game
8 Sex Toys That Are Perfect for Beginners
9 Things You Should Never Say To A Divorced Woman