How to Curl Hair like Selena Gomez | Cute Hairstyles
How to Make Your Hair Like Selena Gomez
Selena Gomez is an American actress and singer known for her roles with the Disney Channel. She is known for her effortless, glamorous, traditional beauty. Search online to find Selena-inspired hairstyles that work for your hair length and type. To get voluminous curls like Selena, use 2 different curling irons to create curls of varying sizes. If you have short hair, try making tousled waves or rocking a braid. Selena also wears her hair in sleek ponytails or a loose braid for updo options. With some styling and improvisation, you can easily make your hair like Selena Gomez.
Finding Selena-Inspired Hairstyles
Search online to browse different Selena Gomez hairstyles.If you need inspiration to style your hair like Selena, look online to find a reference photo. Search for things like “Selena Gomez’ best hair moments” or “Selena Gomez favorite hairstyles.” There are tons of options from her red carpet looks or casual day-to-day styles.
Choose a hairstyle to try to recreate.You can find professional, dressy, casual, simple, or natural hairstyles online. Pick your hairstyle based on your occasion and outfit. You can save a copy of the image to reference back to, if that is helpful.
Aim to get a Selena-inspired look rather than the exact same style.Remember that Selena’s hair may be a different color and texture than yours, and it’s okay if your hair looks slightly different. Aim to get a Selena-inspired look rather than recreating the same style.
- For instance, Selena has dark brown hair naturally. You don’t have to dye your hair dark brown to get a Selena Gomez hairstyle.
Creating Curls with Long Hair
Use a 1–2 in (2.5–5.1 cm) curling iron to make large curls in the back.One of Selena’s iconic looks is her long, curly hairstyle. To achieve this, use a 1–2 in (2.5–5.1 cm) curling iron to make some large curls. Grab a 1–2 in (2.5–5.1 cm) of hair at the very crown of the head to start, and continue making curls across the back of the head.
- If your sections of hair are slightly different, that’s okay. This helps create an effortless look.
Curl each section of hair from the ends to your roots.To use the curling iron, separate the section of hair from the rest. Open the clamp, bring the iron toward the hair, and close it so the end of the hair is inside. Then, wrap the rest of the hair around the barrel. Hold the curling iron in place for about 5-10 seconds, then open and close the iron gently to release the curl.
- As you do this, you can hold up the pieces of hair around the crown of the head to create volume.
Clip each curl at the roots after releasing it to secure each section.After you curl the hair and remove the curling iron, hold the curl in place at your scalp. Use a small clip or bobby pin to secure the curl in place. Doing this as you curl the rest of the hair helps the curl maintain its form.
- As the hair cools, the curl stays in the shape you clipped it in.
Use a –1 in (1.3–2.5 cm) curling iron to vary the curl size on the side.After you curl the back of the head, move toward either the left or right side of the head. Start your next section toward the top and work your way down. As you do this, use a –1 in (1.3–2.5 cm) curling iron in addition to the 1–2 in (2.5–5.1 cm) to vary the size of the curls.
- Using 2 curling iron is how Selena gets this signature look.
- By using 2 different curling irons, you can create effortless, full curls.
Alternate curling the sections of hair toward and away from the face.While you make the curls across the head, twist the hair around the barrel toward the head for some of them, and spin the hair away from the head for others. You can alternate every other direction, or you can do this at random. Either way, this creates a staggered, effortlessly curly style.
- As you do this, alternate the direction of the curl for both the –1 in (1.3–2.5 cm) and 1–2 in (2.5–5.1 cm) curling iron. For instance, use 1 curling iron to make some curls in both directions, then swap it out for the other curling iron.
- In addition, vary the size of the sections of hair you use as you do this. If you make some 1 in (2.5 cm) sections of hair, you can alternate and make some sections 2 in (5.1 cm) thick.
Continue curling all of the hair using both sized irons.Continue using both curling irons and various directions of the curl to style all of the hair on the head. This doesn’t have to be in any particular order or arrangement. Curl your hair as desired, based on personal preference.
Remove the pins after you curl all of your hair.Once you finish curling the hair, you can remove the pins one-by-one. Place the pins in a reusable container so you can use them next time you style your hair.
- If you’d like, you can spray some hairspray over your hair before you unpin them to help the curls set.
- Wait 1-3 hours before taking out the pins if your hair is very fine and doesn’t often hold curl. This helps the shape of the curl stay in your hair after you take out the pins.
Flip your hair over and blow dry it to tousle your curls.Once your hair is unpinned, use the blow dryer to make your curls look more natural. Select a low or medium heat setting, move your head upside down, and shake the air over all of your hair for 3-5 minutes or so. As you do this, use your other hand to separate and tousle the curls. After you finish blow-drying, flip your hair over so it lays correctly.
- The amount of time you should do this depends on your hair type. If you have fine hair, you may not need the blow dryer for more than 1-2 minutes.
- If you have very thick or coarse hair, the blow dryer may add excess volume. Consider using a instead.
Make adjustments with your fingers or curling iron to finish the look.After you use the blow dryer to tousle your hair, you can use your fingers to smoothen some areas or readjust the curls. If you need to, you can use either curling iron to touch up the curls or add definition. Do this based on your particular hair type and overall look.
- If you want to add some volume, spray a light, even layer of hairspray over your hair as you make adjustments. Hairspray also helps maintain your curls throughout the day.
Styling Short Hair like Selena
Flip your part to the side to instantly transform your look.Selena Gomez often wears her hair toward 1 side. Run a comb through your hair about 1–3 in (2.5–7.6 cm) from the center on either the left or right side. Move the comb from your hairline to the back of your head to create your part. Smooth each half of your head with your fingers so the hairs lay flat.
- Once you part your hair, you can style your hair curly or wear it straight.
- This is an easy way to get a Selena-inspired look.
Tousle your hair with gel to get an effortless, wavy style.If you want to get a natural, wavy look like Selena often wears, all you need is a little gel. Squeeze a dime-size amount or so of gel into your hands, and rub your hands together to spread the product. Flip your hair over, and gently run your hands through your hair. As you do this, move your hands back and forth in a scrunching motion to create your waves. Then, move your head upwards to flip your hair back over.
- To emphasize the waves even more, use a little more gel and continue scrunching your hair with both hands.
- You can do this when your hair is dry or wet. If your hair is straight, it may be easier to do this while your hair is damp.
Try adding 1 braid across the crown of your head for an easy upgrade.For some of her casual hairstyles, Selena braids the front section of her hair across her hairline. To do this, grab a 1–2 in (2.5–5.1 cm) section of hair slightly above your ear, and section it off from the rest of your hair. Then, separate the hair into 3 sections to create the braid. Hold the hair close to your scalp, and alternate moving the left and right sections toward the center to create the braid.
- Continue braiding your hair until you reach the end. Then, you can tuck the hair behind your ear and secure it with a clip or a small, elastic hair tie.
- This is a cute, fun style that looks great for school or hanging out with friends.
Cut your hair into a blunt bob for a Selena-approved look.One of Selena’s most popular short hairstyles is a blunt bob, where her hair is about 2–4 in (5.1–10.2 cm) longer than her jawline. If you’d like, book an appointment with your stylist, and try this easy-to-maintain style.
- This hairstyle is great for both curly and straight hair types.
Secure your slicked-back hair in a low ponytail for a professional look.To do this, grasp all of your hair at the top of your head in 1 hand, and use the other hand to comb your hair back toward the ponytail. Wet your hair or use some gel to help the hair stay in place. Then, secure the ponytail with an elastic hair tie at the base of your neck.
- Try this if you want a Selena Gomez hairstyle that you can wear to the office or out to a nice dinner.
Pull your hair into a loose chignon for a formal, Selena-inspired look.To make your chignon, create 2 equally sized sections with your hair. Tie the 2 sections together at the base of your head, and secure the ends with bobby pins or clips. You can use a bit of hairspray to help secure your hair, if you’d like.
- This is a cute look that looks great with fancy outfits and casual, day-to-day looks.
Braid all of your hair to 1 side for a loose, casual hairstyle.Comb through your hair, and bring all of your hair toward 1 side. Create 3 equally-sized sections, and grasp them in your hands. Move the right strand toward the center, and then move the left strand to the center. Continue doing this until all of your hair is secured in a braid.
- To keep the braid in place, wrap an elastic hair tie around the end.
- As you make your braid, it’s okay if the strands are not tightly secured. This creates a loose, playful look.
Try a low bun for a polished hairstyle.Selena often wears her hair in a bun at the nape of her neck, and this look is great for casual or dressy outfits. To do this, comb your hair and grasp it at your neck. Then, wrap a hair tie around the handful. After 2-3 wraps of the elastic hair tie, keep some of your hair inside the band rather than pulling it all the way through. This creates the bun shape.
- This hairstyle looks great for on-the-go outfits or styled formally with an evening dress and heels.
QuestionIs Selena's hair curled or straightened?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIt's kind of like a loose curl at the bottom, so keep it straight and then curl it out a bit.Thanks!
QuestionDo these steps work with thick hair?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, these steps should work the same with thick hair.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I don't have bangs?Owls2014Community AnswerYou can style your hair very similarly to hers, and just skip the bangs part. The bangs won't make or break the style.Thanks!
Can you do her slightly curled short hair with Velcro rollers or blow drying? And tips for getting more volume on top please! I seem to get a lot of unwanted natural volume on the bottom.
Things You’ll Need
Creating Curls or Waves with Long Hair
2 different sized curling irons
Styling Short Hair like Selena
Elastic hair ties
Elastic hair ties
- It is helpful to apply 3-5 drops of argan oil to dry hair before styling it. Argan oil helps make your hair smooth and silky, just like Selena’s hair.
- If you are using a heat styling tool, apply a heat protectant spray to all of your hair before you start.
- Spray a light, even layer of hairspray when you are finished styling your hair to prevent flyaways and keep your hairstyle in place.
- Remember that Selena changes her hairstyles quite often. Feel free to change up your look!
Video: SELENA GOMEZ Hair Hacks EVERY Girl Should Know !
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Spring Clean Your Fridge with this Whole Food Shopping List
Getting a Pulmonary Embolism Under Control
What’s the Difference Between Pansexuality and Bisexuality
Diy: Homemade Banana Hair Conditioner
This LA startup is selling premium denim for under 100
Lifestyle blamed for rising breast cancer figures
Daily Burn Streaming Workouts Review
I Wore This Dress 4 Times on Vacation and Nobody Noticed
How to Wake up Beautiful
The New Botox Everyone is Having, But Would You
Roberto Cavalli Pre-Fall 2019 Collection
Jennifer Lopez’s Diet And Workout Secrets – How She Keeps Fit And Looks Fabulous
How to Write a Hardship Letter for Mortgage Loan Modification
Well, what were you wearing’: These photos show rape is never the victim’s fault